Effective March 23, 2020 and until further notice: Medina County Job and Family Services, Child Support Division will be CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC FOR ALL “IN PERSON” SERVICES.
To assist in the efforts of public and employee safety, PLEASE call 330-722-9398 or register on the Web Portal (see link below) to communicate with agency staff. Many general questions can be answered on this website.
***Please see the payment options listed below since we will not be able to accept cash payments at this time.
***The CARES law passed on March 27, 2020 does not exempt economic impact payments from being intercepted for past due child support. Please click on this link for the frequently asked questions and answers: Economic Impact Payments FAQ’s. If you are receiving your economic impact payment jointly with your spouse and only your spouse owes the child support debt, you can file an injured spouse form with the IRS at https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-8379.
Per the IRS Website FAQ’s :(question/answer #21): If you are married filing jointly and you filed an injured spouse claim with your 2019 tax return (or 2018 tax return if you haven’t filed your 2019 tax return), half of the total Payment will be sent to each spouse and your spouse’s Payment will be offset only for past-due child support. There is no need to file another injured spouse claim for the Payment.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Changes to Payments in Ohio’s Child Support Program
Starting July 1, 2019, the Ohio e-QuickPay Debit MasterCard is discontinued, and a new smiONE VISA debit card takes its place.
For a smooth transition:
- Keep your e-QuickPay card until you spend down the balance to zero. The balance will NOT transfer to the smiOne VISA debit card. The e-QuickPay card can still can be used after July 1 until the balance reaches zero.
- Effective 07-01-19 any payments posted to your account will apply to your new smiONE VISA debit card.
- If you are a client with a prior direct deposit to a bank account (EFT), you will not be issued a smiONE VISA debit card and payments will continue to EFT to your bank account.
- Questions on an existing smiONE VISA debit card (balances, transactions, lost cards ,ect):
- call smiONE Customer Support at 855-279-2744
- To enroll in the new smiONE VISA debit card program or direct deposit:
- call Child Support Payment Central at 888-965-2676
- enroll online at: https://oh.smartchildsupport.com/
Child Support Customer Service Web Portal
Visit the Web Portal at jfs.ohio.gov/ocs/ or click below “view case“.
**Effective March 1, 2020 we will no longer provide payment history printouts in most cases.
Please “Register” or “Login” on the Web Portal as it is a convenient and secure way to:
- View and print a payment history on your case (a maximum of two years)
- View real-time information on your child support case
- Update information on your child support case
- Send secure messages to the Child Support office
- Upload documents to the Child Support office
- Make payments by credit or debit card (NO FEES)
What you Need to Register for the Web Portal as a First Time Customer:
- Ohio Driver’s license, State ID or BMV issued key number
- If you do not have and Ohio Driver’s license – use your case number, SSN and either the last 4 digits of the account your child support is deposited to (obligee) or your Web ID (obligor) which can be provided by the child support office if you do not know it.
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Active email address (if you do not have one, there is an link to create an E-mail account)
- Establish a User ID
- Establish a Password-at least 8 characters (must include 1 upper case, 1 lower case, 1 number and 1 special character)
- 10 digit child support case number
*For customers who have established a User ID and password through the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) online Cash, Food, or Medical Benefits Portal, please use the same User ID and password for the Child Support Customer Service Portal.View Case
Need Assistance Seeking Employment:
Check out: Medina County OMJ Facebook Page
November 23, 2020 – November 27, 2020
*see the below Virtual Event scheduled for 11/19/20.
Ohio Means Jobs Medina County is currently recruiting for the following positions:
Apply Directly online: https://jobs.ohiomeansjobs.monster.com
(Enter Job ID# into Keyword Box)
Shon Thomas, Recruiter
Ohio Means Jobs Medina County
72 Public Square, 1st Floor
Medina, OH 44256
Team Member/Shift Leader…………ID#222156440
Click for full job description and to apply
You will be working in a fun and fast paced environment as we reopen this location. You will be a part of a team that will deliver quality food and outstanding guest service. Hiring positions for Drive Thru, Line Cooks, and Shift Supervisor. Wages range from 9.00-$12.00. This company has full and part time positions available with flexible schedules (including days, nights, evenings and weekends).
Job Duties may include:
- Cooking and assembling sandwiches
- Taking guest orders
- Creating delicious shakes
- Cleaning and stocking stations
- Running a register
- Handling payments
Click for full job description and to apply
The Café Worker is to work closely with the Employment Services Manager in overseeing the operations of the enclave for which he/she is placed. It is their duty to oversee the employees and ensure overall health and safety of all employees and individuals. You are responsible for all tasks assigned and will, to the best of their ability, help the employees and individuals, under their care, to learn on the job skills necessary for performing the task. $11-$14 per hour
Click for full job description and to apply
We are looking for a line cook to join our team and carry us into the future. You will learn our recipes and prepare high-quality dishes. You will be able to work at all stations as needed on busy nights. You should be familiar with food safety and sanitation regulations. Experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients is a plus.
- Prepare components of each dish on our menu following our proven recipes
- Ensure that the kitchen, all food prep areas and all food storage areas meet restaurant cleaning standards
- Work with team of cooks to do portion prep work for other shifts when needed
- Monitor product freshness and rotate out old product based on a schedule provided by the restaurant
- Rotate through all our stations that include grill, sauté, fry, and expediting.
- $10-$14 per hour
Vitamix is hiring!
1st and 3rd shift assemblers – $13.05 p/hr
The Assembler I is responsible for converting raw material into finished goods by assembling, boxing, labeling, and packaging finished skids while ensuring quality standards are met, and the customer is presented with a WOW experience.
For More Information and to APPLY — CLICK HERE
MARKS CLEANING SERVICE INC
*Please contact Adam Harden (HR Manager) at 330-725-5702 if interested in applying for the position.
The main function of the janitorial/commercial cleaner is to follow the specific cleaning instructions for the assigned account, in doing so; you are to be responsible, to be thorough, detailed, and efficient. Follow directions from the manager to clean the account. For not all accounts are cleaned in the same manner. And it’s also his or her duty to help and assist the cleaning team with needs specific to the assigned account.
Pathways to Employment program – let us assist you in finding the right path to secure employment or make a career change. We have valued partners and resources available to direct you down the right path for you to succeed. Please contact our Pathways Support Officer at 330-722-9398 ext 0745.
How to register for Ohio Means Jobs:
Ohio Means Jobs Website:
How to make payments on your child support case(s)
When making a payment, make sure your NAME, SETS Case Number (ten digits and starts with a 7), and ORDER Number are printed CLEARLY on your form of payment to ensure proper credit to your account. You can make a payment in the following ways:
OHIO CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENT CENTRAL INTERNET PAYMENT WEBSITE:
https://oh.smartchildsupport.com/ –Currently accepts bank account, Discover, Mastercard, Visa, American Express, China UnionPay, Diners Club International and JCB. OR CALL: Ohio Child Support Payment Central – 1-888-965-2676 option #5 ***NO FEES 🙂
CHILD SUPPORT WEB PORTAL (***NO FEES): Need to Register or Log In.
https://jfs.ohio.gov/ocs/–Ability to make credit or debit card payments.
(checking/saving account debit)
fees may apply
(credit/debit card, Discover/Mastercard)
fees may apply at a rate of 2.95% (up to $60.00 max fee charge per their website)
Ohio Child Support Payment Central: 1-888-965-2676 option #5 (NO FEES)
e-ChildsPay also offers an Interactive Voice Response system to make payment by credit or debit card by calling 1-866-645-6348 – Fees may apply at rate of 2.95% (up to $60.00 max fee charge)
OR 1-800-923-9400 to find MoneyGram locations
Bring the following items to the location:
- Cash (Enough to make your child support payment plus $3.99 fee)
- Your Account Number (SETS Case# and Court Order #)
- Receive Code (14674)
OCSPC, PO Box 182372,
Columbus, OH 43218
To ensure proper credit of your payment, you MUST include your Name, Sets #, and Order # on every payment. Failure to do so may result in a delay in posting your payment. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
CASH PAYMENT: Not accepting cash payments at our office effective Monday, March 23, 2020 and until further notice due to the fact the office is closed to the public.
We only accept cash in the exact amount at our local office and are not able to provide change. Thank you for understanding. You are also able to pay by check or money order (made payable to OCSPC) at our local office (please write your name and SETS case number on the payment). A receipt will be provided at the time of payment for your records.
***Please be advised that most counties accept payments to apply to your case even if your case is handled by a different county. Medina CSEA will gladly post your payment to your case that is administered by a different county and a receipt will be provided at the time of payment for your records.