Food - Medina County Job and Family Services

Resources: Food






FAQs About Our Services

When it comes to accessing social services and public assistance, you probably have a lot of questions. The questions and answers provided below will help you become familiar with much of the information you need.

Medina County JFS Career Opportunities

Make a difference in the community by helping families build lives of security and independence. Check out the job openings and/or Requests for Proposals below; contact (330) 722-9300 or Toll free: 1 (800) 783-5070 for any questions. 

Protective Services Worker - Intake

Protective Services Worker - Ongoing

  • How do I report a lost or stolen SNAP card?

    To report a lost or stolen SNAP card, call 1-866-386-3071.

  • How can SNAP be used?

    Food assistance benefits are distributed electronically through the Ohio Direction Card, which is similar to a debit card. Benefits can be used to buy most food products. SNAP cannot be used to buy alcohol, tobacco, medicine, hot food products that are made to be eaten immediately (including prepared food from grocery stores and restaurants), and non-food items.

  • Instacart Delivery and Service Fees w/EBT Card

    Unfortunately, you cannot pay Instacart delivery and service fees with an EBT card. According to SNAP guidelines, you can only buy eligible food items using your benefits. You need a secondary form of payment, such as a credit or debit card, to pay for Instacart delivery and service fees.

    SNAP guidelines are clear on what items can be purchased using the benefits. EBT cardholders can only buy eligible food items using an EBT card, and Instacart delivery and service fees are not covered with the benefits.

    Therefore, you need to add a credit or debit card to your Instacart account to pay for those additional charges.

Medina County
Job and Family Services
232 Northland Drive
Medina, OH 44256
Office: (330) 722-9300
Toll Free: (800) 783-5070 
Fax: (330) 722-3383

Phone: (330) 722-9398
Toll-Free: (800) 706-2732
Fax: (330) 722-9238
Copyright © 2023 Medina County Job and Family Services. All rights reserved.