Medina County Job and Family Services, a progressive child welfare agency, is seeking child welfare professionals. Functions include assessment and investigation, on-going case management, foster care, adoptions and wrap around services. Applicants who are child focused, team oriented, out-of-the box thinkers are being sought. Competitive salary,excellent benefits and a very good working environment make this an attractive career choice for the right individual.
A Bachelors or Masters degree in Social Work is required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Human Resource Dept,
MCJFS, 232 Northland Drive, Medina, Ohio 44256 Medina County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a drug free workplace.
Class: 10141-Medina Receptionist
Base Rate: $13.65 per hour
Division: Eligibility Services
Supervisor: Patty Donegan
Application: Current employees use Internal Application Form. Others use Medina County Employment Application. Medina JFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summary of Essential Duties
Under the direction of the HUB Supervisor ensures that the front desk and lobby area are neat and organized, provides supportive services to assist the Eligibility, Social Service and Child Support divisions in achieving and maintaining good customer service. The Receptionist conducts interactive interviews with the customer to evaluate the applicant’s situation, explains the services and programs available thru MCJFS and discusses service alternatives, making referrals to other appropriate community agencies
Functions of the Position
- Is familiar with and functions in accordance with the classification specifications and agency policies and procedures.
- Presents self in a professional and culturally sensitive manner to co-workers, staff, other agency personnel and the public.
- Returns phone calls and correspondence in a timely manner, adhering to agency policy and time frames.
- Assists at agency front desk (i.e., greets clients and determines the purpose of visit, logs clients into the agency computer system (CRISE and NORTHWOODS) and notifies caseworker, mails application packets, copies verifications, provides receipts to clients and forwards information to caseworker, completes case change reports).
- Operates agency computer data imaging program.
- Ensures that the front desk and lobby area are neat and organized.
- Assists in the agency call center.
- Provides back-up mail services (i.e., opens, date stamps, sorts and distributes interoffice and U.S. incoming mail, gathers and distributes outgoing mail).
- Performs general clerical tasks (i.e., filing, making copies, data entry).
- Attends meetings and trainings as needed.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to job duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: Telephone operator equipment; office practices and procedures; office equipment (e.g., fax machine, copy machine, postage meter, scanner); computer operations; social Welfare issues; agency departments and work units; typing principles; front desk operations; filing principles; mail procedures.
information; answer routine questions/inquires; assist at front desk; perform a full range of standard clerical assignments; compile records; maintain accurate records and logs; complete forms; open, sort and distribute mail; type; arrange information alphabetically; sort items into categories according to established methods; use computers; exert light to moderate physical effort with ability to lift 20 lbs.
Associate Degree from an accredited institution
- Must successfully undergo BCI background check
- Successfully complete an alcohol and drug screening
- Possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Inherently hazardous or physically demanding working conditions:
May encounter irate clients or individuals; may have some exposure to individuals with contagious or communicable disease; is occasionally exposed to unsanitary conditions (insect infestation, bodily wastes), odors; may have some exposure to common chemicals found in an office environment, such as toner and correction fluid.